On 31 October, Archbishop Francis C. Spataro, Primate of the Apostolic Episcopal Church, celebrates the twentieth anniversary of his episcopal consecration in 1992. He was consecrated in the former Catholic Apostolic Church Central Church in Gordon Square, London, subsequently the Anglican Church of Christ the King. The consecrating bishop was Archbishop Bertil Persson, Emeritus Primate of the Apostolic Episcopal Church, assisted by the late Archbishop George Boyer, Archbishop of Great Britain in the Apostolic Episcopal Church, and the late Bishop Eric F. Eades of the Holy Celtic Church. The master of ceremonies was the late Revd. Paul Faunch, who was a priest of the Church of England and a Canon of the Apostolic Episcopal Church, and the organist was the late Dr. Leonard Henderson. This was the only episcopal consecration to take place at Gordon Square since the Catholic Apostolic Church entered the “Time of Silence” in 1901.
Archbishop Spataro succeeded Archbishop Persson as Primate of the Apostolic Episcopal Church in 1998. He will celebrate his anniversary at home with his family. He writes, “The Lord has been good to us and we are thankful.” Ad multos annos!